Submit a Story
Already a law enforcement officer? Be a part of Discover Policing, and share your story in our Real People Real Stories section.
The Real People Real Stories area of DiscoverPolicing.org is a key component of the site offering first-person accounts of what it is really like to be a law enforcement officer. We are actively accepting submissions for this section. Specifications are flexible, but the typical profile is a personal narrative of approximately 250 words that discusses one or more of the following:
- Why you become a law enforcement officer,
- What assignments you have had during your career,
- What you like about police work,
- How other life experiences related to or influenced your career choice, and
- Advice for prospective applicants.
- Your name and rank,
- Present assignment,
- Agency name,
- City and State,
- At least one color photo in .jpg format,
- A signed release form.
Submissions should be emailed to discoverpolicing@theiacp.
Release forms can be faxed to 703-836-4544 or mailed to:
IACP / Discover Policing
515 N. Washington Street
Alexandria, VA 22314